Jun 22

Lindsey + Ryan {HGE Wedding by Julie Harmsen Photography}

One of the things I first told myself when I started my business, was never to forget how important it is to maintain solid relationships with my clients, long after fulfilling my role as their wedding planner. I tell my clients, that as much as they are making a financial investment in me and instilling an enormous amount of faith in my services, I too make an extremely large emotional investment in them; and do my best to find that tricky balance between wedding professional and wow-that-girl-with-the-clip-board-really-does-super-duper-care-about-us-as-people-and-not-just-clients. I want to be there for them physically, and mentally, and the bottom line is, I love my clients. More than anything, I want them to shine on their big day.

Lindsey and Ryan came into my life not too long ago when I was asked to help with their wedding. I told Linds in our first few emails that she’d be getting married the day after my birthday; and she wrote back “Awesome! I’m getting married on my birthday.” And just like that I knew there was something about Linds, something that I knew I was going to love long after the last guest would go home the night of her wedding. I knew it then and I really know it now but Lindsey and Ryan, you both make me feel so incredibly lucky to do what I do. Your wedding was absolutely magical, the most perfect reflection of your love and it was an honour being a part of it. Thank you for believing in me, for being so kind and most of all, for being you.

To check out Lindsey and Ryan’s big day, head over the the Wedding Chicks blog where the sweet Amy and Jocey are showing off all of the eye candy today (thank you so much, girls!) And I must add none of this would have been possible without the talent and hard work of Julie from Julie Harmsen Photography. I’m not sure if you remember my little shriek fest via Twitter when I found out I’d be working with Julie, but the good news is she’s like 32074x as sweet in real life as she is in my imagination. Thanks Julie for the fabulous evening and stunning images. I can’t wait to see you in just a few short weeks!

Shall we start the day off with some fabulously “something blue” Badgley Mischka heels? Why, of course!

Lindsey’s Dad, Buck (who may I add is such a sweet Dad and totally told Linds to just relax and let me do my job :) was a pilot back in the day. The stickers, and buttons in the vintage suitcase below actually belonged to him during his career. And the vintage suitcases that were used to house the newlywed’s cards belonged to Lindsey’s Mom when she first went off to college (uhm I think I needed a uHaul to get myself off to college in one piece.) All of the postcards in the top suitcase were ones that Ryan had sent to Linds over the years of their long distance relationship. I know, major cuteness right here.

The prettiest bridesmaid’s bouquet made with coral spray roses, white ranunculus, Lily of the Valley (the bride’s fave), white hydrangeas, white lisianthus, ivory roses and variegated pitt greens. And then below the ever so clever signature drink: Haterade. Recipe: Equal parts lemonade, vodka, and sprite. Garnished with a candy lemon slice. Guests absolutely loved this!

Ray Ray Cliff above (inside joke) and the prettiest bouquets I’ve ever seen (below). Like I said, awesome wedding :)

Linds really wanted the cake set up to feel much like a console table of family photos that you’d find in someones home. Wedding photos of parents, siblings and great grandparents from both Lindsey and Ryan’s sides of the family, sat on either side of the three-tiered, vegetarian (you’d never even know!) spice cake that sat atop an old vintage table. Did I tell you all how tasty that cake was? Oh no? Well it was tasty my friends. I can never ever resist a piece of wedding cake. Ever.

Gail from GVL Floral did all the stunning arrangements and various centerpieces; as always she was a complete pleasure to work with. Guests also got to take home the pussy willow, ranunculus, and rose adorned arrangements at the end of the night which was a huge hit. Believe me. I was there and I saw people’s faces light up when I said they were ready for a new home!

Lindsey and Ryan’s wedding day was also Lindsey’s birthday which obviously called for a surprise cake :)

I also owe a big thank you to Kara, my assistant who helped orchestrate such an incredibly smooth event. She was on top of everything and anything when I needed her and really made the day such a big success. Head over here and here today to check out the rest of the photos and a complete vendor list from Lindsey and Ryan’s big day! Make today fabulous xoxo

38 thoughts on “Lindsey + Ryan {HGE Wedding by Julie Harmsen Photography}”

1. Brooke says:

I am so in love with this wedding! Everything about it is gorgeous and I love the details especially the HATERADE :)

2. Stacie Shea Events says:

The guest book idea is so creative and we are starting to see more of those at weddings these days. Who doesn't love some artwork that you can then hang in your house.

3. Jenna Lee says:

I love the details on the floor. This is so beautiful I love it all. So curious about that owl!

4. brit @ landlocked bride says:

Just beautiful!

5. LR says:

I LOVE your hair color- you look so beautiful in that picture. I might just steal it to take to my hair dresser…LOVE!

Awww! How perfect are those colors and details? Plus the bride and groom are such a gorgeous couple! I especially love the suitcase full of postcards…so sweet and sentimental. Great job, Rhi!! :)
    Lisa

7. Laura *You Stir Me* says:

stunning, Rhi! You should be so stinking proud of pulling this gorgeous wedding together – the couple are just adorable and I love all the sentimental touches they wanted to incorporate into their big day. I pretty much squealed when I saw the shot of the "haterade" set up – the different colored napkins stacked up in one pile is the kind of detail I zoom right in on at events. Love everything. Congrats on all your success and helping another lovely couple with the most important day of their lives!

8. pollydove says:

You truly are "uber" talented! Wow. And you are a really good writer … I enjoy your words as much as these stunning images!

9. Lauren@ "Happiness is..." says:

I want those blue shoes……..yes please!

10. Anna Elder says:

i love love all the details – like the vinyl image on the ground! so cute. but i'm honestly still stuck on the haterade. as this is part of my everyday speak i am in love with it!! what a great idea. the bouquets are stunning as well. amazing job!!

11. julie harmsen says:

Can I please work with you for every wedding? seriously, you're so amazing!

12. Wild and Precious says:

um….

HELLO FREAKIN' GORGEOUS!!

living up to your name/brand!

way to go!!!

love you!

13. Michaela says:

Wow! You did so well gf! I love the little touches. And her dress is so darling with the bow on the side (:

14. Leah says:

This is beautiful. You did a wonderful job!

xo L.

15. Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle says:

I have been drawn to that Badgley Mischka style heel for some time now and how lovely they are they in blue…for something blue, as you said! Lovely wedding!

16. Tonya Peterson says:

Love it! You are a doll and this wedding was gorg!

17. la petite coquine says:

Rhi, this wedding is beyond gorgeous, and I think knowing how much you adore Lindsey and Ryan makes it that much more wonderful. And Haterade? Genius.

18. Shana says:

Well done you! I love the simplicity of this wedding and the special touches that are everywhere from the fur coat to the birds on the seating chart. Lovely lovely! Can you come help me finish planning my wedding please and thank you ;)

19. Hollie Ann says:

Simply Amazing! Michigan is a beautiful state this time of year!

20. Victoria says:

Um, hello everything beautiful!! From the Haterade(fab) to the golden, this wedding is beautiful.

21. {The Perfect Palette} says:

a lovely wedding, rhi! i really love how you pulled it all together. stunning details, beautiful couple..oh, and a perfect color palette to boot! xo, chrissy.

22. Something Old, Something New says:

what a sweet wedding! the details are beautiful and the colors look great together! Love those shoes too :)

23. Kelley @ Kelley Maria says:

You did an awesome job, Rhi! It looked like a beautiful wedding. I loved all of the fun details, which of course remind me of you! :) Nice work girl!

24. Kristin says:

Romantic is right! What a charming affair! Gosh, I wish you'd been around for my wedding! Ha!

25. Kelly Hicks says:

Such a pretty wedding! Love the colors. And everything looked like it was worked out to the tiniest details like the bridesmaid nude nails. Love love.

26. Ashley says:

Rhi. this is my kind of wedding! you knocked it out of the park!! ranunculus are my favorite, hateraide – duh, fingerprint guest book, vintage suitcases, floor decal, yellows and oranges. PERFECTION. :)

27. Sandra Downie {The White Library} says:

Rhi this is AMAZING…you did a wonderful job, the couple is beautiful and you created a day that reflected them…the "haterade" OMG how delightfully cool is that! Your awesome!

28. Bri Bee says:

THIS. IS. GORGEOUS.

Bri Bee {BeeBeeBisous}

29. jas - the gluten free scallywag says:

firstly. LOVE those shoes. Secondly. stunnign wedding Rhi – all those details – the flowers, cake table, wedding 'tree' and the gorgeous couple of course. I love it (and yes you both make cute bridesmaid stand ins!)

30. Katelyn James says:

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Tamara Nicole says:

You did such a great job! Love all of the details:-)

32. Naomi says:

Great job, sweet pea! Then again of course it would be gorgeous! xo

33. Ellie says:

I love your photography! It is truly amazing! My friend, Gabrielle, told me about your blog and said you had called her and talked to her! I was so jel! haha but your photos are so pretty! She told me you wanted to see some photos, and I was her model for the day :) and we took pictures of each other! My mom is always telling me not to take so many pictures but I can’t help it! It is so much fun. Maybe in high school I can take a photography class. Your pictures always turn out bright and colorful, and perfect! They are simply gorg :)

34. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as
    I provide credit and sources back to your webpage?
    My blog site is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would truly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this alright with you. Thank you!