Happy Thursday, blogettes! As you all know, for the past few weeks I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect chick to help me out with the blog. After pouring through dozens of eager applicants emails, I am happy to tell you I have found someone with the same style as yours truly and today is her first post on the blog. Please give a warm welcome to the adorable Lisa, who for the next 12 weeks will be sharing trends, inspiration boards and tons of gorgeousness with you all. She’s such a sweetie and knows a thing or two about eye-candy and pretties so without further ado, here’s her take on the latest trends in wedding details!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Hey y’all! My name is Lisa Olson, and I am so excited to be Rhi’s new blogging assistant here on Hey Gorgeous! I’m a fourth year Journalism major at the University of Texas at Austin, and I write about weddings style on my blog, Something Pretty. I’ve been looking to Hey Gorgeous as a source of inspiration for months, so I’m thrilled to help Rhi bring all the prettiest pictures and sweetest love stories to her gorgeous blog! To introduce myself and help you beautiful readers get to know me a little, I put together this collage featuring some of my current favorite wedding details.
1. This picture on Green Wedding Shoes shows off a whole bunch of my favorite details, conveniently! I can’t get enough of pretty cake stands, and if said cake stands are covered in delicious desserts, then that’s even better! I also love this ribbon backdrop—such an easy DIY, completely customizable to your wedding colors, and perfect as a backdrop for a cake/gift table, a photo booth, or even a ceremony space.
2. Someone once told me that my style was “classic with a twist,” so this Style Me Pretty bride’s classic pearls in a modern multi-strand are perfect for me.
3. This beautiful bouquet on Style Me Pretty uses so many of my favorite flowers. I love super-romantic bouquets, full of pastels and white, so the anemones, dusty miller, and pale pink roses stood out to me right away.
4. Eek, the Barr Mansion! I cannot express how much I love this charming seafoam green house in Austin. It’s one of the many amazing wedding-related things that makes me so glad that I live in this city! Picture from Style Me Pretty.
5. I am all about textured wedding dresses….give me ruffles, tulle, swiss dots, scalloped edges, rosettes, and lace any day of the week! This Jim Hjelm gown on a Style Me Pretty bride is one of my all time favorites.
6. Yay, a shot from right here on Hey Gorg! I was smitten with the Peaches and Cream bridal shower that Rhi posted a few months ago. This shot is one of my favorites, not only because I love peaches (the color and the fruit!), but also because that is one heck of a gorgeous engagement ring.
7. I’m all about girly details, but I also love a touch of rustic. This pillow shot is from one of my favorite Style Me Pretty weddings (a destination wedding in the South of France…le sigh), and I love how fun and sweet the ruffly pillows look on the bench.
8. I’m not a big accessories girl—I prefer to stick to a few timeless, sentimental pieces, like pearl earrings from my dad, or a Tiffany & Co ring from my boyfriend. That’s why I’m pretty jealous of the lucky bridesmaids who got gifts in little blue boxes at this Style Me Pretty wedding! They look especially pretty as a backdrop for Oscar de la Renta peeptoes… no doubt about it, this bride has style!
So there you have it, a little preview of my favorite pretty things :) I’m so excited to be here on Hey Gorgeous, and I can’t wait to get to know you!
What’s your fave wedding trend everyone?