Sep 8

Autumn Blush Inspiration Board

Hey y’all! Lisa here for another Thursday on Hey Gorg. How’s everyone’s September going? :)

If you read my own blog, Something Pretty, you may have noticed that almost every time I mention fall weddings, I talk about how sad it makes me that so many people go with the “brown and orange with pumpkins and leaves” theme. With the weather just starting to turn crisp, the gorgeous produce (ahem, more than just pumpkins), and the luxe fabrics that become so popular starting in September, having a fall wedding does not limit your wedding concept one bit! I think Rhi’s wedding is actually one of my favorite examples–she got hitched in September, but didn’t let the month dictate what her day looked like. She styled it exactly the way she wanted it, and I’m sure you all agree, the results were stunning! Quick recap…

{Rhi’s wedding, via Style Me Pretty}

Inspired by Rhi’s twist on an early fall wedding, I created this inspiration board that celebrates fall without being too obvious. Instead of picking a clear color scheme, I tried to use lots of blush, gold, ivory, and peach to make it look romantic, elegant, and warm.

{Centerpieces: Style Me Pretty| Cake: Martha Stewart Weddings| Gold bunting: Emma’s designblogg| Wedding dress: Style Me Pretty| Glittery shoes with poufs: BHLDN| Apple cider punch: Eat Drink Pretty| Boutonniere: Elizabeth Anne Designs| Bridesmaids: Style Me Pretty}

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week, full of pumpkin spice lattes and just a hint of sparkle. :)

Love,

Lisa

14 thoughts on “Autumn Blush Inspiration Board”

1. Birdie to be says:

I love that first tablescape! Those lace wrapped vases are so pretty!

2. Kristin says:

I would love to use that punch dispenser idea for a shower!

3. Dana says:

i love the bridesmaid dresses in the bottom right corner. it’s also such a sweet picture!

4. Victoria says:

We were swooning over this color palette in the studio this morning!!! I totally agree that the whole “It’s september… lets turn everything orange!” is over done and definitely not a bride’s only option! I love Rhi’s fall twist on such beautiful, soft colors!

-HBI

5. sarah says:

my bff is getting married this october and is going this route! i veer toward saving the pumpkins for the actual day of halloween and house decor, not wedding decor too!

6. Sparkly shoes and lace on vases – what’s not to love?

This board makes me so happy!

7. Talia says:

apple cider punch?! yes please!

so gorgeous!! i love those bmaids dresses!

What an absolutely beautiful board! I’ll absolutely have a cup of cider punch!

10. Jess says:

Pretty colors! And those glittery shoes are awesome!

11. Pingback: Weekly Sweet «
  12. Great inspiration board! I really love the way you made it come together for Fall without the obvious colors. The apples on the centerpiece are a great touch!

13. jackie says:

i love the warm tones to this that make it appropriate for fall without being annoying. thank god there’s no leaves or pumpkins. ha. it’s still sweet and feminine and wedding appropriate. so pretty :)