Apr 23

DIY Body Scrub Favor

Eeeek! I am so excited about today, guys. I have so many fun little pieces of news to share with you but first is this fun DIY that the super sweet Kelly Braman and I collaborated on last week. I’ve been dying to get this easy peasy Body Scrub Favor photographed for months and am so thrilled that Kel was able to be my left-hand girl. As a huge fan of easy to make stuff and an even bigger fan of cute packaging, this scrub (made with things you can find in your kitchen) and the most adorable labels designed by the girls over at the Wedding Chicks (you can download the labels here!) totally go hand in hand.

For your supplies you’ll need some sort of airtight container to store the scrub in. I purchased the metal lid ones you see below at Hobby Lobby for about $3.99 each (that wasn’t the sale price). You’ll also need about 2 1/2 cups of Sugar in the Raw, 3/4 of a cup of white granulated sugar, 4-5 tablespoons of vanilla extract (or coconut, almond, orange, etc) and 1/4 cup of almond oil. You’ll also need those fancy labels you see there and some pretty ribbon, as well as a spoon to mix everything together.

{Step 1} First, make sure your bun is crooked on top of your head (duh). Then mix together your sugars.

Make sure you smile while you’re mixing like I did, too.

{Step 2} Mix in your oil and vanilla extract with the sugar and combine until a scrub like consistency is achieved. While I absolutely love how this scrub made my hands feel extremely soft and smooth thanks to the moisturizers in the oil, I have to admit the scrub itself doesn’t smell like anything wonderful. There was a very natural organic smell to the mixture which I think comes from the almond oil but nevertheless it’s a body scrub and in that regard does just that for your body and hands :)

{Step 3} Scoop the scrub into the container until full. The above measurements made enough scrub to fill one container which was a pretty big batch but you could easily scale it down to make more containers. Seal with lid and fasten with ribbon.

Remember to save a little leftover for yourself. Who knew hand washing was so funny?

{Step 4} Adorn with the cutest Scrub Sweet Scrub label courtesy of the Wedding Chicks. Awe.

Enjoy your day, blogettes and scrub it up :) xoxo

78 thoughts on “DIY Body Scrub Favor”

1. Anna @ IHOD says:

Almost bought that same necklace. Kicking myself..

LOVE this DIY. Thank you so much for sharing. Pinning away..

2. Abby Grace says:

This is so so cute!! I’ve only ever had one jar of sugar scrub (I think it was by Jessica Simpson…) but I remember how perfectly smoothe it left my skin- I’m really tempted to try this. Thanks, girl! And Happy Monday!

3. Keri says:

Super cute! And thank you so much for your gracious response : )

4. Victoria Derrick says:

You better believe I’m making this for gifts..ahh! love it, rhi!!!

5. Jessica says:

Love this diy, this will make great gifts….can you blog about your kitchen? Love the marble and farmhouse sink.

Oh, this is wonderful. I love a yummy scrub like this! The labels are darling! xo

7. Kris says:

SO cute! Can’t wait to make my own! What a great gift, and even perfect for Mother’s Day coming up!

8. Scrub is a weekly must in my beauty regimen. I have never attempted making my own though! This is such a cute gift idea and I think I have almost all the ingredients in my cupboard! :)

9. Love this! Would be a great favor for a bridal, or even a baby shower! I’m always looking for a good sugar scrub (I feel like there are a TON of salt scrubs out there, and I’m not a fan of the salt), so I’ll definitely have to try making this very soon!

what a fabulous DIY and favor idea!! if i wasn’t so set on our macarons, i might just give this a go ;) xo

11. Gina says:

What a great favor to try! Loved everything… and in the end it works really good!
    Simple ideas truly rock!

12. Amber B says:

What a cute idea!

13. milica says:

Sounds fabulous…tastes??? I know you tried it so how does it taste?

14. Alessandra says:

so cute! it would make the perfect favor for a bridal shower or a spa party!
    and you are a beauty Rhi, as always!

15. Johanna says:

This is such a great gift! I made some for Xmas two years ago and it was a real crowd pleaser. And I felt crafty – bonus!

16. Anna says:

Cute as always! I made something similar to this recently! It was coconut oil, brown sugar and essential oils. I wish it stayed longer, that’s my only complaint. But, that’s how it goes when you use fresh ingredients. :)

17. Meg says:

what a perfect gift for any girl and so easy to make! i love your outfit by the way the necklace with the white top

18. I am obsessed with scrubs. Especially when they are this easy to make! Might have to give this a whirl! Cute label too :)

19. Rebecca says:

would make the loveliest homemade gift. your photos are stunning, my dear.

20. Alexa says:

What?! This is the cutest…and for goodness sake, you’re the cutest making it! :)

How fun! I might just make this for myself…but of course, I’ll still need the cute label! :) And my gosh, your kitchen is so beautiful!

You are KILLING ME with this. I feel like I need to make a few giant tubs ASAP and then just cover myself in them–yum!

23. Clare says:

Gorgeous idea!

~ Clare x

Love this! I have a friend who is always on the hunt for a great scrub…I think we must make this! You look beautiful too!!! :)

25. I love how cute you look in your kitchen :)

26. kate says:

you’re so cute, love this tutorial. i’ll def give it a try!

27. birdie to be says:

Very cute idea! And I love your cute photos! :)

28. Gloria says:

The photos came out beautifully! Love this gift idea!

29. TJ says:

okay, just stumbled across your blog and it is absolutely adorable! you are perfect, and this is such a great little gift!!
    xo TJ

30. Lolo says:

Could you use another oil other than almond? I want to try this but have an allergic to nuts person in my house.

31. tracy says:

love this and i am in love with your kitchen!! it is beautiful!!!

32. Toni says:

Love this! I’m going to make these to give to guests for a “honeymoonin” themed bridal shower I’m hosting. Hellllllo smooth legs!

33. Gotta try this soon!

34. Love love love this post – especially the line about progress and not perfection. Just what I needed to hear :) thanks!

35. Jacquelyn says:

I love it! I will definitely have to try this – your pictures are adorable

36. Julia says:

Quick question – what is the shelf life on this?

37. Amber Rae says:

I LOVE This idea, I even featured it in my DIY Mothers Day Gift Ideas post! I also featured your tea cup candle post! I Just LOVE your blog.. glad I found you!

38. Pingback: weekend sparkles |
  39. Meredith says:

Hmm, I feel like you could add some natural almond extract for some fragrance… Or perhaps just some other tried and true essential oils :-) Definitely worth experimentation! Thanks for the recipe, this is much cheaper than the boutique brand stuff!

40. Aly says:

You can now buy those EXACT containers at dollarama in 3 sizes and the one your showing is the smallest size

41. Lindsay says:

Love this! I will be making it!!! Thank you for sharing. Where did you get your necklace, by the way? Love that too!

42. Sue says:

Love it…. Going to make for friends and family as parting gifts at baby shower! One question what’s the shelf life of scrub? Look around at other srubs, still can’t find answer. Would like to make ahead of time. Thanks your site is WONDERFUL !

43. Sophie says:

Just made this! Turned out great smelled amazing and now my hands are lovely and soft! Just wondering if anyone knows what its shelf life is like?

44. Myra says:

Could you add Epsom salt to the mixture?

45. Sarah says:

How many jars did this make?

46. jessica says:

how long can i store it for??

47. kemi says:

LOVE…..MUST MAKE THIS FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!!!

48. Brittany C says:

This Scrub was awesome!! I wanted to change up the consistency a little bit the second time I made it so I added two tablespoons of honey. It made the whole scrub smell better, and it was easier to spread!! Thanks for sharing:)

49. Annie says:

I just made this as a Christmas present for my sister in law and kept a little for myself, I found that the vanilla essence gives it a nice smell :) Thanks for sharing!

50. Sara says:

Which type of labels do you use for printing these?

51. Pingback: DIY Body Scrub |
  52. Lisa Sanchez says:

How much does this recipe yield? I need it for- 6 12 oz. jars.

53. Pam says:

Did anyone ever figure out the shelf life?

54. francesca says:

I made some of my own w/salt, different oils for scenting (bergamot and lavender) and used olive oil. While it does scrub well and makes my skin look and feel great–even my face (I used coarse salt for body and very fine for face) it took alot, I mean ALOT of the scented oils to make it smell nice. You can however get less strong base oils than olive or almond. Grapeseed Oil is a terrific carrier oil, is virtually scentless on its own and you can get it relatively cheap at beauty supply stores like Sally’s. So you can get a great smelling scrub w/less of the expensive essential oils.

55. Soyan Stewart says:

Totally gonna try this!! By the way, how long does it last for?

56. Jenn says:

I used this DIY for a last minute bday gift! You can also use canola oil if you don’t have almond oil. And u can use brown sugar for unprocessed sugar. It still works fine. Btw the canola oil makes your hands feel so much softer after washing your hands. This only took 20 minutes to prepare! It stays preserved for a while!

57. Madison says:

Thank you so much I really needed a birthday gift for my mom and this was an amazing idea. Plus it makes your hands really smooth and soft!