Aug 27

The HGE Drink Diaries: Marry Me Mimosa

Happy Monday, blogettes! I’m so totally excited to be putting together this new monthly feature with the sweet Kelly Braman. I spend a lot of time brainstorming fun and clever signature drink concoctions and names for my clients so I figured why not bring a little of that creativity to the blog. Whether or not you’re searching for the perfect wedding sip or a fun drink recipe to enjoy at your next dinner party I hope this new series will knock your socks off. Not literally though. You don’t want to drink that much :) So without further ado, I introduce to you drink recipe numero one, in celebration of summer’s end, the yummy…

Marry Me Mimosa

one scoop of mango sorbet
• three to four raspberries
• half parts pineapple juice
• half parts white champagne

To start you’ll drop one huge scoop of sorbet into a champagne flute. If your sorbet is rock hard like mine was, let it sit out for 10 to 15 minutes to let it thaw a bit before scooping. You’ll also probably get some extra on the rim of the glass when you’re scooping it in but that’s good because it’s a bonus for later. While you’re at it, drop in three to four fresh raspberries. Like so.

Fill the flute with equal parts pineapple juice and sparkling wine/champagne. Something a little dry could be nice here too because the sorbet and pineapple juice is pretty sweet. You could also throw in a little coconut milk to really enhance the tropical taste but as is it’s pretty tasty. If you plan on serving this it would need to be made to order versus a drink that can be made in batches ahead of time (the sorbet would obviously melt and the sparkling wine would be flat which is sort of lame).

Clean off the excess sorbet from rim of the glass. With yo finga of course. And a look of total determination.

And this photo is here strictly because Kelly said I looked cute. This is for you, Kel!

Not to insult anyone’s intelligence but next you’ll pop in a straw for sipping pleasure and just like that you’re all finished. All in all, this drink was super yummy, and really stayed cold thanks to the sorbet. I could see it being perfect at a summer bridal shower or a spa day retreat with your best girlfriends. It was sort of like an ice cream float mixed with a mimosa mixed with a tropical beverage and come on now, I totally just combined three awesome things into one so what could be better?

So who’s with me! Are we excited about more drink recipes? Oh and for those sweet readers of mine who I know will ask my earrings and my dress are both from Francescas. My flutes are from IKEA, my bowls from Anthropologie and my countertops are from a local business here that specializes in laminate that doesn’t look like laminate (no way can this girl can’t afford marble). I’ll share more on the colour of our walls in an upcoming post. The big painting on our kitchen wall is from Home Sense in Canada and yes I do colour my hair :) I have a fab hairdresser. Any other questions feel free to ask! xoxo

25 thoughts on “The HGE Drink Diaries: Marry Me Mimosa”

CHEERS, gorgeous–this sounds like the perfect drink to share with your girlfriends over brunch! Love the new feature, and as always, the peeks at your spectacular house! xox

2. Joelle says:

This sounds like exactly what I need right now! Thanks Rhi for sharing :)

xoxo,
    Joelle

3. Jessica says:

So adorable! Love the drink & love the dress! And cheers to Monday bubbles!

4. Alexandra says:

I’ll take two please ;)

5. I love this new feature (and the dress, earrings, and everything else)! I’ve hosted 3 housewarming dinner parties and a brunch in the past 3 weekends — crazy, I know — and have been experimenting with different cocktails, so this is great!

6. Sandy Barry says:

Rhi, I’ve been lurking for a long time (found you via TKB!) and love your blog! This last paragraph just finally brought me out of the shadows to comment because it cracked me up so much – I was wondering about 4 of those things in my head, and you answered them all at once. :)

The drink looks so yummy, too! Keep on keepin’ on, sista! You’re an inspiration!

7. Anni says:

Mmm, this looks delicious, can’t wait to try it. Also, your dress is super cute.

8. Ashlyn says:

oh yes! exciteddddd i could squeal with you. & soooo goin to try this yummy drink out. can’t wait for more drink diarie inspiration :)

Happy Monday Rhi!
    x

9. Ana F. says:

I love mimosas! I don’t know why I don’t make them more often.

PS: You’re too cute.

10. Looks so perfect! Nothing beats a mimosa!

The best series ever! This looks so fun to make …and even more fun to sip :) Wish I was there to have a girls spa day with you! Can’t wait for more recipes xoxo

Eee!! These are SO perfect! I love that you’re doing drink recipes, and if they’re all this fantastic, I’ll be bookmarking them all!

13. Elizabeth says:

Oh, this sounds yummy! And I agree with your friend, you are too cute! That dress and earrings are so fun!

14. Toni says:

Champagne is always the way to go, but this sounds extra yummy! :)

15. E says:

Mmmm! Delish! So looking forward to seeing this new feature every month! Great Idea :)

16. Gina says:

Wow! I love this new idea! And that mimosa… rocks my world. Colorful and yummy… it’s a keeper! No doubt!

Yum!! Love this new series, and this mimosa sounds delicious! Plus you and your house are just lovely :)

18. Vika Moka says:

Can’t wait to see the following posts in this news series ! The first one looks delicious and so refreshing ! Plus, I love everything a bit sweet :) I’ll definitely try it !

19. kate says:

love this new series! this drink sounds delish and you look adorable! also, that’s laminate? love it!

20. katie says:

such a fun series! this drink looks amazing. and love the dress too (and cannot believe those countertops are not marble! looks just like it!).

21. christina says:

i LOVE this idea of the new column here on HGE :) especially since i love trying new cocktail recipes – and ESPECIALLY since your first recipe involves champagne and i am highly obsessed with the stuff. this sounds and looks delicious! i might just try to make it for myself tomorrow :)

LOVE this post, all the colors and beautiful pictures…you are gorgeous, Rhi!!! I am totally going to have to try this drink! Yum! :)

23. Looks so delish! I just recently started a drink series on my blog too. Last Friday, I made the Pinkhound (a twist on the classic Greyhound). Looking forward to more of your cocktail ideas!

24. Sounds yummy!
    You have the best dresses, I love how you wear lace!! And I always love seeing photos of your beautiful house. =)