Feb 1

February 2013

Hello February! It’s so nice to see your face. Can you guys believe we’re already a full month into 2013? January was simply an incredible month and a great start to a new year full of wonderful changes. Between consistent work outs, less spending on frivolous things, more time for friends, Andrew, our pets and even an effort to be more connected to my faith, I feel really good and hopeful heading into another new month. Just like I did last month on January 1st I wanted to list out three types of ‘Living’ that I want to focus on moving forward. I think being specific with my goals has been a huge help in attaining them and putting them out here holds me somewhat accountable. Let’s do it!

FebruaryGoals

Selfless Living. I’m trying to find that perfect balance between time for myself and my family,  and time for friends and colleagues. Sometimes I feel like I owe all of my time to others because time for myself isn’t top priority or my family will understand if I take an evening to call a friend instead of face time with them. Wrong. So totally wrong. I need to be a little bit better with my free time and where I spent it. I think this relates back to being selfless and just giving more of my heart to those who would absolutely stand in the way of an oncoming freight train to protect me! This also involves sending more handwritten notes, making more phone calls just because, keeping track of gifts I receive so I can make sure I send a Thank You card, and the list goes on. Selfless living has got to be the most rewarding kind.

Faithful Living. Kelly Braman gifted me with The Devotional Collection’s Daily Wisdom for Women and it couldn’t have come at a better time for me. Religion has always been a funny thing for me, like filling a tub of water for a bath only to find you can’t get it the right temperature. It’s too hot or it’s too cold. It’s just not right. And never has been for me. But the beauty of religion, and faith and whatever yours happens to be is that it will never be perfect. At least that’s what I’ve learned so far :) I love the time Kelly and I take each day to share our thoughts and questions with one another in a safe environment. I hope to dive even further into things this month and just feel good with my efforts.

Organized Living. I’m a really organized person. I was actually diagnosed in college with OCD. Ha! I wish I was kidding. However, remarkably I have tornado type tendencies and when one thing gets out of place everything else follows suit. I need to really focus this month on staying organized a little bit better. That counts with keeping my car clean, not leaving junk on the stairs in our home (biggest pet peeve ever, sorry Mom, I now know how you felt when we did this growing up), and putting my make up back in its case before I leave the washroom. Easy peasy right? Let’s hope so.

xoxo

Photo above by Cyn Kain Photography in Decemeber at an editorial. Miss you, girl!

13 thoughts on “February 2013”

1. Cyn says:

Proud of you! xoxo

2. Karen says:

I love it! You’re doing an amazing job.:)

3. Beautiful goals. I think making goals more specific does help you keep them. When things are general it’s so easy to let them slide. So inspiring! I love the selfless living best!

4. Tracy says:

I just love reading your blog, it is a breath of fresh air!

5. This is such an inspiring post… Just like you I’m trying to live a more fulfilled and happy life… Cheers to anew month!

I used to say yes to everyone for everything Rhi and I was rushing around trying to please everyone else instead of pleasing myself. I have become better with “me time”. I am worth it ~ maybe it has come with age but I only do what I want to do now! Love this post ~ you are so wise for someone so young. xo

7. Needed to read this. It’s all about balance. I’ve been working on monthly goals instead of the huge year goals. I love your selfless living idea, may have to adpat that into this month or next. Thanks for sharing!

Great goals, friend! Especially love number 2! So sweet of Kelly. I love little devotional books. Right now I’m reading a book in the bible with Nicole Vinson. Sooo awesome. I’ll call you tomorrow on my way to work! xo

9. Love this Rhi! You are too adorable xoxo

10. I think your keeping track of your goals perfectly! :) P.S. Your Floral Designs are to die for!

11. Kris says:

Love all your goals! I think I may have OCD too, you’re a girl after my own heart!

12. I relate to all of these goals you’ve laid out. I’ve found that I’ve become more protective of my downtime in the past several months, and the easy excuse is that work is truly tiring and I’m married now and have someone else at home to keep in mind, but I want to remember to continue nurturing friendships actively. Same with my faith. And I am also an organized person (not officially OCD, but definite tendencies at times!) but things get crazy messy quite often, haha. In fact, I think I will do some cleaning and organizing this weekend since we are expecting a snowstorm tomorrow night here in NYC!

13. Maria says:

Hello!
    I love all the things that you post. I have always dreamt of the day I could do what you do! I have always had a passion for everything weddings. Maybe one day I could have my own business like this. Congrats! Very inspiring. :)